[filmscanners] "auto tonal correction" in Nikon LS-4000ED

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] "auto tonal correction" in Nikon LS-4000ED
  • From: "Nagaraj, Ramesh" <Ramesh.Nagaraj@ca.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:32:40 -0500

Hi,
          Today I am supposed to get my new Nikon LS-4000ED. I have some
question about the capabilities of Nikon s/w.

I read (at www.image-resource.com) about the facilities provided by Nikon s/w.
Article said that there is Curves tool, using which we
let scanner s/w do the basic tonal correction. Article also said its quite
good. I would like to know how good is this "auto tonal correction"?
Do any of you use it?

Each scanner will have history of problems and it may not be consistentently
visible in all the scanner.
Please let me know whether there are any potential problem that I should
observe for in LS-4000, so that I can report to dealer asap.
I know about the low DOF problem.

I would like to know if there are any tips about Nikon LS-4000 scanner.

Thanks
Ramesh