[filmscanners] Re: OT - Epson 1270 ink "monitor"...

Following is text from figure 9.15 on page 262 of Harald Johnson's new book
"Mastering Digital Printing" that reports a test of ink amounts as a function
of media type setting.  It does seem like film media would take less ink due to
its nonabsorptive surface, unless Ink Jet Back Light Film has an absorptive or
somewhat porous print side surface.

 The same test strip of RGB black (0R, 0G, 0B) in equal gradient steps
 [was] printed with an EPSON 1280 on the same paper (EPSON Premium Glossy
 Photo Paper) at 1440 dpi with exactly the same settings, except that the
 Media Type was changed for each.  ... the selections are Matte Paper
 Heavyweight, Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper,
 Plain Paper, Photo Paper, and Ink Jet Back Light Film.  The Matte Paper
 Heavyweight setting applied the least amount of ink, and the Photo Paper
 or Ink Jet Back Light Film settings applied the most.

Bob Shomler
www.shomler.com