[filmscanners] Re: OT - Epson 1270 ink "monitor"...

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: OT - Epson 1270 ink "monitor"...
  • From: "" <nick.grasso@hrads.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:07:58 -0500

Austin wrote:

>Sorry, I DO have a 1270, NOT a 1280!
>
>Light on printer is flashing, and print monitor shows no ink in the graphics
>of the cartridge.

Flashing light means 'low ink'. When it thinks the ink is out, the light will be
steady and it won't let you print. See my other post for instructions on fooling
it into thinking the cartridge is full.

>I'm not printing grayscale, I'm printing text, black text.

To save yourself some black ink, try setting the paper type to Matte Heavyweight
(this setting uses the least amount of ink) and/or clicking the Advanced button
and setting brightness to +20 or +25%. Also, setting resolution to '360 fine'
seems to give good, crisp text, yet prints fairly fast. I find that this printer
isn't the greatest for printing black text because it is tends to lay down too
much ink.

Nick