[filmscanners] Re: Scanning old slides

I think Kodak changed the dyes used for Kodachrome many times during its
history.  Remember, Kodachrome is a multi-layered black and white film
which has the dyes added during the processing stage, so it was easy for
Kodak to experiment with numerous dyes, at different times and
locations.  In fact, very likely different countries were using
different dyes at the same time.

Art