[filmscanners] RE: JPEG2000 > Paul

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: JPEG2000 > Paul
  • From: "Nagaraj, Ramesh" <Ramesh.Nagaraj@ca.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:29:52 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Robinson [mailto:jrobinso@pcug.org.au]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 4:38 AM
To: Nagaraj, Ramesh

>Thanks for the info on this - I tried the bathroom humour national park
>professor and his students version (thanks for the link) and it was
>horrendously slow - over a minute to save a 28MB file.  But it did give 2:1
>reduction lossless as you suggested, which is impressive in itself.

I curios to know, How can we to verify that compression is loss-less?

Loss less compression suggests that J2K can be used for archiving also.
Am I right here?

Few extra seconds for compression is not a problem for me, as long as I can
reduce
my CD bulk.
So, Can I start archiving using J2K instead of TIFF?

Thanks
Ramesh

Satellite maps of fire situation Canberra and Snowy Montains
http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~julian/cbfires/fires.htm