[filmscanners] Re: rebuild your scanner and get better results(revisited)

Hi Al,

I've not yet gotten around to actually try any of the suggestions Bo
gave me.  Basically, what he suggested was to get some plastic diffusing
material.  He suggested some which I can't recall, but I think it was a
European product anyway, which I did not have access to.  I'd suggest
just go to a photo store that carries diffusion materials for flash and
studio lighting, or even a stationary store and get a number of
densities of plastic vellums, and try to experiment with them.  I don't
know how the Elite is constructed, but if there is access to the light
source easily, I'd try placing the diffusion material over the light in
a manner that won't impede any moving parts or carriers, and then just
test and see what works best.

Bo did mention that some exposure adjustment and color compensation is
required, depending upon the materials used.

Art