[filmscanners] Re:Canned air...

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re:Canned air...
  • From: "Rob Geraghty" <robg@wordweb.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:10:57 +1000

"mahimahi" <mahimahi@netpci.com> wrote:
> As a underwater photographer I use a small scuba tank fitted with a rubber
> air nozzle. pure dry filtered regular air. The scuba regulator also
provides
> a constant pressure and it can be used in any position without freezing
your
> film. A $3 airfill  can last for months as well.

Hi Chris,
I'm just trying to follow how you've rigged things up wiht the regulator.
Are you just using a normal reg and pointing the mouthpiece at the film
before pressing the purge valve?  Or have you rigged up somehting else to
feed the mouthpiece flow into a nozzle?  I have diving regs; maybe I could
get a second hand pony tank.  It's easier for me to rent a tank when I want
to dive, so I haven't bought one.

Rob

PS What camera gear do you use underwater?  I've tried Sea&Sea cameras, but
haven't had the chance to try a Nikonos.  I'm looking to get a case for my
DV camera but that's moving pictures not stills. :)