[filmscanners] Re: SS4000 gone south - help please!

I have had the cover off and the internals look fine.
I was hoping that the problem was the sensor that the
Polaroid dust brush cleans but that all looks pretty good.

I also see that the front surface mirror for the optics
is pretty dusty. I've had the scanner for ~3 years and have
been careful to keep it covered but it clearly needs to have
the mirror cleaned. Getting to that looks like a pretty involved
dis-assembly process.  I'm reluctant to dive in there for
fear of affecting some critical alignments/adjustments.

Has anyone here taken their SS4000 apart? Did you get it
back together? Did it work after that?

I need the 'pros from Dover', actually I don't know of any
scanner repair pros in Dover or anywhere else for that matter.
Where do I send this machine for repair?

-JimD
Now I'll just be forced to get a Canon ds1 and abandon film
scanning.