[filmscanners] Re: OT-Restoring rubber rollers on printers...

There is a rubber restorer liquid that does something to the surface of
the rubber, to unglaze and unharden it.  You best search the web for who
carries it.  It does seem to work, but you have to be careful to follow
the instructions so it doesn't damage the rubber item as it softens it.

Many people will lightly sand dried rubber rollers to create friction,
but it really further degrades the rubber and makes it more likely to
split or crack and age more quickly if it is already hard.

Art