[filmscanners] Re: About as OT as you can get...

Refrigerator compressors use a different system than a diaphragm type.
Many aquarium pumps are really simple diaphragm compressors (not usable
for cleaning film, I wouldn't think).  The problem with a diaphragm
compressor for airbrush use is that it pulsates all the time, unless it
uses a storage tank to draw the compressed air from, not a problem for
cleaning film, again.

Refrigerator compressor type systems are usually very quite but costly
(unless you convert your own).  Diaphragm are the least costly usually.

The only problem I see with c02 are that it creates an acid when exposed
to water (soda water), and of course, its a green house gas, although
the amount used is probably insignificant relative to a car.

Art