[filmscanners] Re: Canned air...

> I was commenting on this suggestion:
>
> >For years now, most hardware and auto stores have carried a very
> >inexpensive 12 volt compressor used for filling your tires using your
> >car's cigarette lighter as a power source.  These things sell for as
> >little as $10 CAN with a pressure gauge!
>
> This does not seem to be intended for airbrush work!

Oops, sorry - I hadn't fully read Art's original.

Having done so I'll agree with his comments (noisy) and yours (possibly
oily).  I doubt that they'll be very oily though - I have one and there is
no requirement or method of lubrication.  They are only meant for
short-term operation so would be better set up with an air receiver (and
an oil trap, if you're worried) with a pressure switch to turn them on for
short bursts. I don't believe Art's estimate of $25 - you'll spend more on
all the bits, to say nothing of the cost of the labour to set it all up.
Even more if you're going to build the sound-proof enclosure!

By the time you've set all that up you might as well get a cheap air-brush
compressor.

Peter