[filmscanners] Canned air...

> > Hi Arthur,
> > > (and besides its bad for the environment (including
> > > your own personal one)
> >
> > I thought it was more so those that used CFC based
> > propellants that were
> > (really) "bad for the environment", and that the "CFC Free"
> > ones were not near as "bad".  The one I use has
> > difluoroethane, and states "%100 safe for the ozone".  I did
> > a web search on it, and I wasn't able to turn up anything
> > substantive with a quick glance.  Do you have more
> > information on this?
>
> You should be able to obtain more information on difluoroethane from the
> writing on the can. This is what is on mine: "Do not deliberately
> concentrate and/or inhale this product. You could instantly die, suffer
> brain damage, or other dangerous and permanent health effects." But I've
> been "using as directed," and I'm still alive and kicking.

Wow!  Thanks Frank.  My can does not say that...it has a FAR more toned down
warning, and little pictures of in ear, in mouth and upside down, all with
squares with a diagonal bar through them.  Think I’ll stay away from canned
air with THAT in it.

Gee, good for the ozone, but sounds like REALLY bad for me.  Nice
compromise.

Austin