[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest forFri 17 Jan, 2003

I use either compressed air (from a small air compressor with a air
nozzle) or a fine artist grade nylon (soft white bristled) brush.

Increasing humidity helps by removing static.  Some people use
anti-static brushes, but be aware they do contain low level radioactive
isotopes.

Rather than canned "air" which is really a propellant which can spit out
liquid on your film, (and besides its bad for the environment (including
your own personal one) consider a rubber ear syringe as a blower.

As to your second question, I'll leave that to Nikon owners, but the
best way to get dust out of the inside of a scanner is to try to avoid
getting it in there to begin with.  This means putting clean film in and
keeping it well covered when not in use.

Art