[filmscanners] Re: Newish Digital Tech

The web site that I suggested people interested in this look at, which
was a 20 something page review of the new Sigma d9 with X3 chip camera,
has a page where they compared each color channel on the Sigma d9 and
the Canon EOS D60 camera.  The results, to me, at least, clearly show
the Foveon chip as having much lower general noise, especially as light
levels drop /sensitivity/gain increases at ASA 400.

Again, the full article is at:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/

The comparisons of the one gray square in the MacBeth chart to a CCD
camera (a Canon EOS-D60) is on page 15 of the review.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd9/page15.asp

(this link may not work, you may have to go to the earlier url and then
use the drop down menu to get to page 15)