[filmscanners] Re: Hello/ routine question

Austin Franklin wrote:
> Really?  You SURE you want to clash swords with a Leaf?  I assure
> you, it would simply CRUSH any other scanner ;-)

Relax, Austin. Have a deep breath and a cup of cammomile tea :)

I don't think anyone here means to slur the good name of the Leaf. Both
Art and I were taking issue with your description of the HP scanner as
"arcane" -- I might call it ill-conceived, but I wouldn't call it
arcane.

("Arcane, adj. -- mysterious, secret; understood by few" [Oxford
English Reference Dictionary])

And back to the Leaf for a moment -- how do you think it compares with
the Imacon scanners? I see the benefit of using standard Beseler neg
holders, but I admire the way the Imacon flexes the film to make sure
the film and CCD are coplanar -- such an elegant and effective design.

Cheers

Peter Marquis-Kyle