[filmscanners] RE: need your older Nikon film scanners recommendations

Nagaraj, Ramesh wrote:

> When it comes to scanner its better/safe to go for NEW scanner with
>manufactures warrenty.
> The reason is quality control in scanners seems to be not consistent.

I appreciate your prompt answer to my question but at
the same time what you say doesn't make any sense in
terms of what I asked.

I asked

> My Nikon LS-10 having died, I envisage buying a used
> Nikon scanner on Ebay. Your remembered experiences of
> the LS-1000, LS-20, LS-2000, LS-30 in terms of apparent
> resolution and color accuracy will be very much
> appreciated.
>
> I am a photo hobbyist, not a pro shooter, and the
> speed of the scan is not an issue.

The owner of this maillist has samples of a Kodak
test slide scanned by these models online. As far
as I can tell by examining them on screen, the
LS-1000 has better resolution than the LS-20
and LS-30 which would be odd if it were so.
Isn't there any subscriber to filmscanners who
has personal experience of these models? (in
addition to this maillist's administrator)

Can the Kodak test slide used still be ordered?

Again, thanks in advance.

Michael Eisenstadt