[filmscanners] RE: Newish Digital Tech

Scanners often use either three rows of CCDs each sensitive to a different
color or three different light sources. Therefore you will get the full
color information for each pixel. While a few digital (video) cameras also
use a three CCD approach most of them use just one CCD with a color pattern.
Therefore, you won't get the full color information for each spatial
location. This is different with the X3 sensor. Nevertheless, it is
questionable how well that approach works. I would think there might be some
serious problems with color seperation, sensitivity, noise, etc. I wish
these guys good 'luck' though because if they can solve these problems it
might be a great solution for all of us.

Robert