[filmscanners] Re: B & W - Tips required...

Michael...

Thanks for reply...

"michael shaffer" wrote:

>> 1/ Should i keep the files as RGB or convert to grayscale?

>  Use Photoshop's "channel mixer" to create your grayscales.

So, basically, you suggest scanning in RGB and then converting to grayscale?
Why not leave it in RGB?

> 2/ What dpi/ppi should i keep the files (8 x 10 inch prints)?

>  What does your printer's manual recommend?

Michael... i'm not doing the printing... am sending files for the young lady
to get printed... anyway, Laurie and Bob and Bob have given me the ideal
solutions to res size.

Cheers...

SD

---