[filmscanners] PS resize bug (was Re: Couple of basic questions)

Tony writes ...

> [...]. But then PS6 still doesn't fix the ludicrous
> and dangerous resize bug that was present in all
> v5.n ...

  I wonder if you're referring pixel calculation relative to gamma=1,
instead of relative to gamma=working gamma (averaging '0' & '255' becomes
'128', rather than '183' for AdobeRGB).  Actually, I've mistated the problem
... it isn't a calculation relative to gamma=1, but rather a simplified
calculation which doesn't take gamma into account.  Yes, it does seem funny
how we've all accepted it, and it hasn't changed in v7.  Still ... most
would claim it's not a bug, and the differences are insignificant for 99% of
all imagery.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)