[filmscanners] Couple of basic questions

Sorry for the boring questions here, but I just installed a new
version of Photoshop (6), and I have a couple of really dumb
questions:

1) This may be actually a Windows question, I'm running ME, but is
there a way to change the default view of a folder when you go to
"Open?"  PS is defaulting to the thumbnail view right now, and I'd
much rather default to "List."  I've searched both the PS prefs and
the Control Panel and am coming up blank.

2) When using the clone stamp, is there a way to change the color of
the indicator circle?  Sometimes it completely dissappears against the
image.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Ken