[filmscanners] Re: CD Labeling

Well, I always wondered what to do with the coasters I had from bad
burns, and I wanted to figure out something creative to do with them.
Some people apparently bake theirs or put them in the microwave , some
make clock faces from them.  Now you'll be able to burn the clock face
right into the CD.

The process is sort of neat and probably has good advertising potential,
like putting your company logo on the CD or a copyright notice.

The area that is burned with the text/image cannot be written to for
data, and has to be placed after the data, as I understand it, so you
lose capacity on the disk.  But even if you were to place labeling info
around the edge (since no one seems to agree on what is a safe way to
label disks) it might have some use.

How much one is willing to pay for this feature is another question.
However, just last week I was in a store selling these and they weren't
really much more costly than a brand named CD burner, $179 CAN, and it
had an 8 meg buffer, while most of that speed are coming with a 2 meg.

Art