[filmscanners] Re: VueScan Negative Colour Balance Problems

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:49:41AM -0000, Conor Twomey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using VueScan as my scanning software, but I am getting terrible Colour
> Balance on some of the scans. I am using Fuji Reala, and I am setting the
> film type in VueScan aswell. I am doing 2 scans on my Canon FS4000US.
>
> Does anybody have any notes on correcting Colour Balance? Is there a
> specific Work Flow or do you just adjust until it looks right ?

I've just scanned in some Reala on my LS4000 with excellent results.

Are you locking down the exposure and orange mask as described in the
Advanced Workflow section of the manual? That is critical to getting good
colour since the film data curves only operate after the mask has been
removed.

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk