[filmscanners] RE: Correct/best methods of scanning

>K2 wrote: If memory serves me right, you own a SS120 (I've been
>off the list for quite a while).  What's the full res scanning time like on
>that for medium format?

On a 6x9 transparency at 4000ppi its long enough to go and grind some
coffee, boil the kettle, fill the coffee press, sit and wait for it to brew,
then pour and drink. So quite a time!; I actually don't scan at full res - I
don't often need a 200mb+ file. Someone else mentioned that most scanners
scan at full res then resample in the software to produce the file - I don't
think the 120 does this as I would be waiting ages for each scan.

Craig Auckland | Photographer

[ Telephone ] +44 (0)7930 337 226
[ Facsimile ] +44 (0)7931 607 428
[ Electronic mail ] craig@aucklandphotographer.co.uk
[ Online portfolio ] www.aucklandphotographer.co.uk

The studio, 17 Elton Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1NG, UK