[filmscanners] RE: Silverfast 6 focusing problems (kodak 3600)

Hi!

OK. Somewhere in the gawd-awful interface, in the column of silly icons,
there is one that looks like an enlarger (if you have a vivid
imagination). Click this bear until you get a "p" in two point type.
This brings up the "pointer" cursor. Click with this on the point where
you wish to focus. You will get a preview dialogue box. In this
dialogue, adjust the little focus sliders and click "Manual". After a
too-long prescan, you will see the results of your adjustment. Continue
until you have it sharp. Drink LOTS of espresso.

I don't like SilverFast. I got it for free (SE version) and I get to
play with it on other people's machines. The only thing good about it is
the color adjustment function. THAT is nothing short of fabulous! (NOTE:
I have a Nikon scanner. SF is said to function poorly with Nikons by
numerous posters at the SF site.)

ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MINE. DON'T BLAME ANYONE ELSE>

Les