[filmscanners] Re: OT: color photo inkjets

>I'm about to throw out my Epson Photo Stylus 820.  I'm very frustrated
>by banding problems, and repeated head cleaning, printing at highest
>dpi, different papers, etc -  doesn't seem to solve it.  OK, it's a
>$100 printer, so what do I want.  :-)  Well, you'd think Epson would
>want to maintain their name, so I'm not sure if this is normal for
>this printer or not.  I haven't called their customer support yet.
>
>Recommendations for an upgrade?  I'd like to go whole hog and get
>something like the Epson 2200, but it's out of my budget right now.
>I'm looking at the HP Photosmart 7550, the Epson Stylus Photo 960 or
>the Canon S-900.  IOW, in the $3-400 range. Or maybe the Epson 1280,
>whose price seems to be coming down.   Any experience with any of
>these?  Other options I haven't mentioned welcomed, too.   For the
>time being, I need it to have parallel connectivity, which seems to be
>on its way out.
>

>Ken Durling

I just saw a site that talked about print longevity.  Sorry I forget
where it is.  They do their own testing and they were not too happy
with the life of Canon prints. You might do better with the 1280.  At
least Epson has been  addressing the issue.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California