[filmscanners] Epson 2450 dust on inside of glass???

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Epson 2450 dust on inside of glass???
  • From: "Jerry Hadam" <jerry@photosdonotbend.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:13:52 -0700

Hello,
I am finally fed-up with a problem with my epson 2450. The unit came with a
large speck (1.5mm square) of  dust on the inside of the glass. It wasn't a
problem for scanning flatbed and negatives for website at low res.
Now I am scanning some old 4x5 and some newer 120 negatives and slides and
the dust keeps showing up in some of the scans.

Any ideas on how to get to that part of the scanner or if anyone has taken
this apart, your suggestion would be appreciated.

I also have a Polaroid Sprint Scan 35 LE that I tried to hook up to my iMac
with various SCSI to USB connectors, the best that I was able to do was
crashing the whole system on every third scan.
Does this scanner have any value at all?

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry Hadam
Box 2749