[filmscanners] Microtek Artixscan 4000tf

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Microtek Artixscan 4000tf
  • From: "Egon Lang" <egon.lang@webrausch.de>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 16:27:57 +0100

Hello,

since a short time I have a Filmscanner Microtek Artixscan 4000tf and
want so scan all my slides in the next time.

I have some dark or underexposed slides too and when scanning these the
results do not satisfy me. The supplied software is Microtek Scanwizard
Pro TX V6.0 and Lasersoft Silverfast 6. Both programs cannot make good
scans from the dark slides. Scan in Full mode i.e. 42 bit and then
adjusting the scan with Picture Publisher 9 does also not give better
results.
My question is:
What can I do?
Do I do something wrong?
Does this scanner support to brighten up the lamp to compensate the
darkness of the slides?

When selecting underexposed either in the scanwizard or silverfast I do
not recognize any change in the lamp brightness but it seems that the
scanner is overscanning the slides (maybe to decrease the noise).

Thanks for every remark. Excuse my bad english.

Egon