[filmscanners] Re: Upgrading from Scan Dual II

Minolta doesn't really have a high res film scanner right now for 35mm
film.  The highest they have is their medium format Minolta Dimage Pro,
which does 35mm scans at 4800 dpi/ppi, but it is quite costly.  Below
that, all their 35mm scanners are 2820 dpi.  These include the Elite II,
which has dICE and the Scan Dual II and III.

The Canon FS4000 is the least expensive 4000 dpi scanner on the market.
  It has their own IR cleaning routine called FARE.  Other 4000 dpi
scanners are the Polaroid and Microtek 4000 series, and Nikon's LS4000.

Art