[filmscanners] RE: Printer colour management

> Colin Maddock wrote:
>
> Wonder if anyone can help me here please. Printer colour
> management in Windows (98SE) appears to have stopped working for
> me. I have had a pretty good workflow going for my Epson
> printing, from PS, for the last year or two, but all of a sudden
> my prints became noticeably lighter and desaturated.
>
> I have now established that selecting ICM, which I normally use,
> in the printer driver makes no difference. Previously it changed
> the gamma and saturation very obviously. I've reinstalled the
> printer driver and PS, but nothing changed. Has anyone any
> suggestions as to where to look (files etc) in Windows to sort it
> out? Where exactly is the colour management done? I want to avoid
> reinstalling W98 if possible. Thanks.

Have you changed the color space you're editing your images in? Turning ICM
on means that the printer driver will accept data from a program with an
embedded profile, and use the ICM engine to convert it to the printer's
native RGB color space. If you're printing from a color space that is
already very close to the printer's color space, then turning ICM off won't
do much.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco