[filmscanners] Re: A partial fix for Minolta scanners?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your comments.  In the case of the DUal Scan II, it is a USB
interface, rather than SCSI.  The "tram lines" I am speaking of are
specific, in that they occur in certain exactly repeatable locations,
are different locations (and numbers) depending on the color channel,
and they are always one pixel wide.  In the case I am speaking of, this
is an apparent hardware and or calibration defect.

Regarding the use of light diffusers with the Minolta scanners, I have
been asked to hold off on publicizing the web site URL which shows the
effectiveness of the diffuser with negative films, while Minolta gets to
review the situation and responds.

In the meantime, people who own Minolta scanners and are having to deal
with the "dirt/dust/scratch" levels when color negs are scanned
(specifically), may wish to experiment with diffusers.

Art