[filmscanners] Polaroid SprintScan 45 & Medium Format Scanning

I recently got a Polaroid Sprintscan 45 (predecessor of the current 45
Ultra), which claims a 0-3.4OD, 2000dpi & 36bit (12bit A/D). I have been
scanning 4x5 B&W, w/ good results, and last night started scanning some
6x7 B&W. The MF scans are on the soft side, but I seem to be able to
recover a decent amount of detail post-scan via USM. I feel like a lot
of my negs have superb detail to resolve and I'd like to get some 16x20
prints & digital negatives made on an Epson 7600 and some 12x24 (cropped
negs) on my soon-to-arrive 2200. Consquently, I have been trying to
decide if this scanner's resolution could utilize (or exceed) the
capacity of the output.

Opinions?

-Joe