[filmscanners] Re: CD RW Problem

Hi Tim,

DO you know where i can get some solid info on the longevity of CD-RW
versus CD-R?

The CD-RW technology is based on the original Phase change technology
used on the Panasonic designed PD disks.  They gave those disks up to
something like 10,000 writes and at least 40 years shelf life.  I've
heard of CD-Rs developing errors in a matter of months if exposed to
light or read regularly.

I'd like to find out if CDRW is indeed unreliable for storage, as right
now, I have been using them for nearly all my storage needs.

Art