From: "Elvis Hoshida" <elvis@spacelan.ne.jp>
To: <mlidaka@Ameritech.Net>
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 8:56 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Nikon coolscan 3

   Hi fellows

 This is my first post .I'm from Brazil but actually i live in Japan So
sorry for  the bad english and miss spell !
   I own  a Nikon coolscan 3  but  due some hardware problems  i can't
use the nikon software so i use Vuescan ,but i'm happy  with the results .
  I use to have far more good results with the Nikon driver ! Colors
,grain and shadows come out pretty bad when i use vuescan.
  I would appreciate any help to improve my scan .I'm a photographer and
i need the best results i can get .Lately i have  print my slides using
the Frontier mini-labs.I love the results , but without do a good scan
,my prints don't look that good anymore.

  Regards

  Elvis