[filmscanners] RE: What can you advise?

> Hello Austin! Glad to have you weigh in on this.

Hi Jack, did you expect me not to ;-)

> You are assuming you start with "perfect" film.

No, no...not at all!  I am simply saying that one should have good work
habits etc., and not use it in place of good work habits!  Digital ICE, for
the reasons you state, is a great "product", and SHOULD be used in those
circumstances, no doubt in my mind!  If anything, it's a real time
saver...as I know dust spotting can be very time consuming.

> ...I regularly used "nose oil"...

You're leading with your chin there, Jack...but in the interest of fair
play, I'll give you a "by" on that one ;-)

> I agree that in a perfect world, one should eliminate slop from their
> process. Unfortunately, not all of us are perfect.

That's certainly true, but I don't even believe the world needs to be
perfect to try to maintain some level of cleanliness in the "lab", and to
point, most people don't.

Best regards,

Austin