[filmscanners] RE: What can you advise?

Well, for your targeted spec there no many ways to fail down.
Either Nikon LS4000ED or highly acclaimed Polaroid SS4000 (or his newer
update SS4000+).
There are other good options, however at lower resolutions (around 2900 dpi)
which fall behind your goals anyway.
Both mentioned models gained solid reputations (and both are considered as
high-end desktop machines) each one excels in it's area.
Nikon LS4000ED features by ICE cubed technology you obviously heard about
saving your valuable time big way for dirt/scratches retouching, offering
other neat tools such as GEM (for film grain equalization) and ROC (colors
recovery tool mostly intended for antique color-faded originals).
Many users would argue about GEM/ROC impact on scan quality (in respect of
sharpness), I personally find the influence to be easily corrected by wise
usage of Unsharp Masking.
In the past people have lament about AF uneven performance on originals with
certain degree of bending (mostly slides bended a bit into not-so-tight
frames). The AF DOF seemed to be quite shallow causing that. However,
speaking with several satisfied users of this model no one complained
particularly about that. The AF failure percentage was really neglected
according to them. I own LS4000ED's little brother LS-40 (IV ED) which
resolves 2900 dpi with almost rest of almost similar specifications and
never experienced such problem.
SS4000+ of Polaroid is successor of very positively regarded SS4000.
Reportedly excellent scan quality, shadow details might be rendered even
slightly better then by Nikon's counterpart (according to some rumors I've
heard). No dICE offered thought (means all manual retouching might eat up
your time if your originals aren't kept very well in "sterile"
environment). The unit is considerably bigger in size then Nikon. People
complained about
"dusty-prone" exterior design (the originals holder "window" is exposed
permanently to the environment thereby inviting dust into it), however that
might be resolved painlessly by covering the scanner when no in use.

Both "weight" over 1k$ (close to 1500 US$).

Your call...

Regards,
Alex Z