[filmscanners] Re: Thumbnails looking flat

>My original scans are looking good in this respect, but something is
> wrong after they being saved for web usage.
As long as we can not see your pictures it is difficult to say what's wrong.

> Oh well, really impressed by your lovely site. Good work.
Thanks!

> How do you save you thumbnails (though Save for Web or just regular save
> in PS while resizing to the targeted size) ?
A regular resize/save:
I use Paint Shop Pro for my image editing.
The scanned pictures (with VueScan), retouched and colour corrected, are
resized to 600x400 and 180x120 pictures.
On both pictures I apply an Unsharp Mask and after that I save them with not
too much compression as JPEG.
I don't use the PSP JPEG Optimizer to produce web images.

Maybe your JPEG compression level is set to high?
Try to resize/save the thumbnails without the use of "Save for Web".

With kind regards,
Henk de Jong