[filmscanners] RE: Minolta Dimage Scan Elite - any users here?

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Minolta Dimage Scan Elite - any users here?
  • From: "Alex Zabrovsky" <alexz@zoran.co.il>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:16:50 +0200

Art, what should be expected in black and white in case of Nikon machine ?
I own IV ED and satisfied by dICE performance big way. Utilizing ICE on
normal setting for regular amount of dirt and scratches, I wasn't able to
figure out any sharpness impact worth of consideration. Of course, Fine ICE
setting cleans deeper in case of heavily dirty and scratched originals, but
then sharpness will suffer indeed. However for this to be the case one must
really
disregard his hegs/slides throwing them around.

Regards,
Alex Z