[filmscanners] Minolta Software upgrades

I wanted to inform people that Minolta has upgraded a number of their
scanner software drivers and some firmware.

The Minolta Scan II Dual drivers are very slightly changed, and I'm
still not clear what was addressed.  This driver is version 1.0.3 and is
now available both on the European and US websites to replace ver 1.0.2.

The Minolta Elite II has a major revamp on the European site, although
it is not offered yet on the US site.  Although I do not own such a
scanner, I have read reports that a firmware is involved, and the
functionality has been changed speeding up the scanner for neg scans,
removing grain and dirt problems, and otherwise both improving the scans
and adding some features to the driver.  Oddly, this version is called
something like release version 1.00, in spite of the previous one being
labeled ver 1.2 or 1.0.2.

It appears the new software for the Elite II, is also available for the
Multi, and Pro medium format scanners line) again , all available on the
European site.  Again, the suggestion is that these improvements are
major and improve the scanner scanning considerable, perhaps even to the
point of making it the best option, particularly when cost is considered.

Not owning those models, I am only relying on the results others have
reported.

Art