[filmscanners] Re: Minolta Dimage Scan Elite - any users here?

I love my Dimage Scan Elite!  I use the Digital Ice only occasionally but it
works well.  I scan primarily color slides, often Velvia ISO 50 and very
saturated and it has done wonders.  Have also used it for black and white negs
and have been satisfied.  have yet to do color negs since I rarely use this
film.

I"ve had it a year or two, after recommendations from the last time I was on
the filmscanners list.

Only down side: no cover over the scanning unit and because I was lazy and
didn't put a plastic or other cover over it, I've been collecting dust in there
and soon may take it in for a professional cleaning.  If you buy one, I would
figure out a way to cover it when not in use.

Sara Jane Boyers