[filmscanners] Re: SS120/Firewire/XP

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: SS120/Firewire/XP
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 06:53:58 EDT

I installed Insight and an SS4000 Plus successfully on my XP system using
Firewire and the 'new' instructions for use with XP found on the Polaroid
website.  I don't know if they updated the installation for the 120 with new
XP instructions or not....perhaps it might be worthwhile to check the website
for the XP installation protocol for the 120 and see if it has changed.  If
you have already done that maybe check the website for the instructions for
the SS4000 Plus XP installation and see if they are similar.  If not, maybe
the SS120 instructions were not updated.  I know there were SS4000 Plus
instructions and drivers for XP about 5 months ago that did not work at
all...they subsequently updated them (and the drivers, I think) for XP and
they worked OK.  I assume that XP is correctly identifying the Firewire card.

Howard

<< All the readme's and manuals talk about a folder that installs with Insight
 with device drivers, but it doesn't show up.  I'd appreciate any help from
 someone who has done this successfully.