[filmscanners] Re: Epson 2200 does it exist? Alive and well

Sorry for the delay in responding.
I've been very busy lately.
I purchased a 2200 from a dealer in Canada, where they exist in moderate
abundance.
I have printed about one thousand images from 4x6 to 13x19 in the last
couple of weeks.

It is fast.  Not near as fast as the Canon S9000.  But at least twice, if
not three times, as fast as my
Epson 2000P (now for sale.  any takers?)

The color is beautiful.  The speed is downright tolerable.

It goes through light magenta and light cyan like water, at least on my
images.
Probably 5 or 10 to one as compared to regular Cyan or Magenta.
Light black is not consumed quite so quickly.
Yellow is a little higher than Cyan and Magenta, probably because it is the
only source of this color (no light yellow).

Regardless of what Epson says I can print no more than 12-14 13x19 photos
before running out of light magenta or light cyan.

The ink cartridges hold approximately 15-19 ml, according to Royce Bair,
director of inkjetart.com.  This is an unofficial measurement made by a
client of his site.

Hope this is helpful.

Bob Kehl