[filmscanners] Re: Slightly, somewhat OT

Hi Howard,

I use Powerquest Drive Image for my backups, and it seems to make a big
file of everything on the disk partition.  It works in DOS, and can do
several degrees of compression, although I find the rates aren't nearly
what they claim, and the higher compressions take considerably longer.

The only restriction I noticed is that you cannot backup a partition on
the same physical drive that partition is found, which is probably a
good idea, since if the drive fails, well, so would the backup location.

The only thing I wonder about is that you need to be sure you can access
your backup files (and therefore the device they are one) from whatever
the method Powerquest Drive Image uses, to reactivate your computer
after a failure (with their recovery disks). As I understand it, it is
via DOS.

Art