[filmscanners] Re: Scanning with too much resolution? (was: PS sharpening...)

Austin writes:

> But, if you have a, say, 4x6 image at 100 DPI,
> that won't get re-sampled by the browser,
> providing the window is large enough to handle
> 400 x 600 pixels, right???

As far as I know, most browsers never resample an image to accommodate a
window that is too small; they just put scroll bars on the window instead.
MSIE is one of the few (the only?) that will attempt to resample images to
make them fit, unless you tell it to do otherwise (it resamples by default).

All browser will resample an image if you specify HEIGHT and WIDTH
parameters in the IMG tag that are different from the actual dimensions of
the image.  This sort of thing is strongly discouraged, however, as it can
waste bandwidth (if you are downsampling) and because most browsers do a
poor job of resampling images.

> Oh!  Where can I turn that off?

Tools | Internet Options | Advanced, under Multimedia.