[filmscanners] Re: PS sharpening (resolution)

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: PS sharpening (resolution)
  • From: "Michael O'Connor" <omichael@optonline.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 02:47:35 -0400

> > As to the differences in ppi, dpi, spi, sspi, and other resolution
> > issues, Dan Margulis has posted a chapter from his book
"Professional
> > Photoshop" at http://www.ledet.com/margulis/PP6_Chapter14.pdf . I
found
> > it very informative.<

  Dan Margulis is the leading light of color correction, but taking the
peculiar position of reserving DPI as a replacement for the undeniably
entrenched LPI is mystifyingly counterproductive.

   I certainly hope readers haven't taken him up on this. There are, in
fact, lines in halftones, and though they are lines of dots, the central
concept of screen angles would be incomprehensible if you didn't
recognize those lines.

Michael O