[filmscanners] Re: PS sharpening

Robert,

I've only just picked up on this topic, so please excuse the lateness of
this reply, but why are you wanting to downsample your images in PS?
Increasing the ppi of an image sent to an Epson desktop printer apparently
improves the image up to a limit of 720ppi. Only if you have more than
720ppi to send to the printer might there be a case for downsampling the
image first. Even then it depends whether downsampling in PS (either in one
go or many steps) is worse or better than letting the Epson printer driver
automatically downsample the image to 720ppi during printing.

Kennedy McEwan has made several postings on this 720ppi value.

Bob Frost.