[filmscanners] RE: IV ED dynamic range... DYNAMIC RANGE!

In the words of Ronald McDonald Raygun: Here we go again!

The whole damn thing turns on the phrase, "acceptable signal level."
Austin, if I read him correctly, holds that "acceptibility" is defined as
being above the noise level at the low end; Julian probably implicitly
accepts this also.  However, he as not explitly stated as such and has not
defined acceptibility in term of noise but presupposes it as a give in the
notion "minimium acceptible signal."  Thus, if you substitute minimum signal
for minimum acceptible signal in the equation, you would need to duivide by
noise to get the minimum acceptible signal.

Hope that clears up the apparent but not real disagreement and we can
prevent a rerun of the last debate.