From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Ken Durling
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 2:42 PM
To: TMaugham@yahoo.com
Subject: [filmscanners] Vuescan problem

OK, since I know there's some negative feeling toward asking Vuescan
questions here, I have been trying to isolate this problem for weeks,
and have not been successful.  I feel a little uncertain about the
requirements Ed Hamrick puts in his support section, so I am going to
impose on this group for some help.

What is happenhing is that Vuescan is regularly "crashing" - not in
the true sense but what happens - and I'm pretty sure it's always
right after a crop frame size change, - is that the image will go
completely "dotty."  If it's a color image the image are will be black
and there'll be a frame around it with all sort of random pixels.
Looking at the histogram there will be one spike for each of R, G and
B.   If it's a B&W image I'll get something that looks like a very
broken-up 1-bit B&W image.

I'm running Windows 98 SE on a 366 with 186MB of RAM.  Each time this
happens I install a new version of Vuescan and it works for a while,
then fails.  There are no other changes in the computer structure at
the time of failure.

Any ideas?

Ken