[filmscanners] RE: Bands while using Vuescan

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Bands while using Vuescan
  • From: "Nagaraj, Ramesh" <Ramesh.Nagaraj@ca.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:07:57 -0400

Yes, we are talking about same type of banding. In this week, I will put those
images on an FTP server and let you know.
In my Vescan output, RED color bands are more clearly visible.
I am using the s/w that came with the scanner, do not know the version. You can
get the latest s/w from the minolta site.
Earlier I was reluctant to explore minolta s/w and had always ignored it. But
now I am forced use Minolta s/w,
It has options to select Color space, Monitor device RGB, these option are
hidden!!!. Another thing is minolta s/w will not embedd the
color profile into image.

(ANOTHER ISSUE)
Another problem which I faced few times was, that I used to get full RED
images(no other thing except RED).
During the scanning process, Vuescan shows Pre-processed image and
post-processed image in the s/w. Pre-processed
image used to look fine but final file written to harddisk used to be washed
with RED. Seems there is some thing wrong in the preprocessing.

Thanks
Ramesh