[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Coolscan

If you have a Nikon Coolscan, why would you need Genuine Fractals at all?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurie Solomon" <laurie@advancenet.net>
To: <anthony@atkielski.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 20:00
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Nikon Coolscan

After checking the Lizardtech web site (after posting my message to you of
course), I find it made me out to be a lier of sorts.  There is a Genuine
Fractal Light 2.0 which is an RGB only and will handle files of a restricted
size limit which they are selling.  Previously, this edition was only
bundled with some peripherals and not for sale.  Then they started pushing
the higher priced PrintPro Edition, once LizardTech bought the product from
Altamira, and stopped bundling the Light Edition, replaceing it with the
standard edition and a coupon like you mentioned.  If this is you case, then
both the GF 2.5 and the GF PrintPro are full versions of their respective
editions (the key limitation being that the former is RGB capable only while
the PrintPro is also CYMK  and CIE-Lab capable). Personally, unless one is a
prepress professional or someone who sends files to such people, I see no
need for CYMK and CIE-Lab capability  or reason for the extra expense of
PrintPro.