[filmscanners] RE: Disabling right-click, etc. (was: Web homepage writing software)

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Disabling right-click, etc. (was: Web homepage writing software)
  • From: "Laurie Solomon" <laurie@advancenet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:33:58 -0500

>But it's not quite that easy nor as cut-and-dried as the above.  For
>example, you've just thumbed-your-nose at the state-of-the-art in
>professional event photography.  On-line proofing is currently all the rage
>in that area...especially for out-of-town customers.

Well actually it is.  I have to agree with Anthony on this one and also to
remark that I do not think his remarks indicates that he is
thumbing-his-nose-up at the state-of-the-art in professional event
photography.  After all, there is nothing that says that one needs to show
the high resolution final printed version as online proofs.  Afterall, these
are proofs not the final product so one typically does not even have to
color correct the image beyond that which is automatically done by the
processing lab for paper proofs; nor does or should one spot, retouch,
sharpen, or carry out other image enhancement proofs for online display.
Thus, to use Anthony's words, you have not put anything on your site that
you absolutely do not want stolen under any circumstances."  If the
non-finished low resolution proofs are stolen, you have to accept it just as
you often have to accept customers that steal and copy your paper proofs.